جمعہ، 31 اگست، 2012

Struggle against hopelessness



 
By Asif Reyaz
 
Just the other day an acquaintance came to meet me. He was young but appeared to be low in spirit.

The vagaries of time had made him look old and frail.

When I asked him about his well being , he told  me that he is jobless and hence disappointed.

I reminded  him that being jobless doesn't necessarily mean being hopeless.

I gave him a pep talk . I realized that it ignited hope in him.

 I told him that the hard times you are going through, is not destined. God does not want you to be in this state. He  is all helpful and all merciful.

 Over a cup of green tea, the animated conversation continued. I tried my level best to convince him that what he was enjoying earlier was a lower layer of success and  now God wants him to have the upper layer of success and hence the hard times.
 
I told him there is no need to lose sleep over such trivial issues. To get great success in life one has to leave behind small one.

You  can not go to greater success without leaving the smaller one. See, earlier  you were enjoying smaller ease and  now God  wants  you to enjoy the greater one. Saying so, I recited him a couplet of  Hafiz Shirazi , the great Persian poet.

Mush kile neest ke aasan na showad

            Mard bayad ke harasan na showad


Surely, no trouble is without ease, so man should never be disappointed.
 
My recitation brought him a great smile. Perhaps it was for the  first time he had smiled after being jobless. My recitation ignited him with life and energy. Now he was looking full of energy, talking entirely in a different ton.

As a matter of  fact , unemployment was not his problem. His problem was  hopelessness and  that had made him look  weak and frail.

I had provided him no job, no money, but only a few encouraging words and those were enough to change him.

 It reminds me a saying of Prophet Mohammad, __ Yesseroo  wala tu'assiroo __

Wa basheroo wala tu'nafferoo.

{Give ease and trouble not. Give good news and hate not not}

Qur'an says “indeed, there is ease with hardship. Most certainly, there is ease with hardship”.

 

کوئی تبصرے نہیں:

ایک تبصرہ شائع کریں